Saturday, April 21, 2012

DIY Birthday party stage 1

Preparation is underway for my son's 5th birthday party. It's his first 'real' party where he actually gets to pick his theme and stuff so both he and I are really excited.

We are doing the party on a limited budget and the absolute focus is my son's happiness. I want the guests to have a good time but really, it's all secondary to the birthday boy enjoying his day.

So far the invites are done, the photo booth masks are designed and the flexible silicone moulds are cast for Transformers badges, lego minifigures and lego giant men. Lego have silicone moulds for the minifigures but sadly like so many of the other Lego range, they are not in Australian shops so have to be imported. So I whipped out the trusty two-part silicone casting compound and cast those suckers myself.

Here are the photo booth props:
Masks: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Autobots symbol, Decepticons symbol.
Props: Stegasaurus headpiece (this has two sides and will look like twin plates on the head), Triceratops fan headpiece, T-Rex mouth.
Once they are all finished I'll make them available for download :)

Invitations:

1 comment: