Saturday, December 31, 2011

Swan painting for Mum

For Christmas this year I wanted to give my Mum something special. She has wanted a swan painting for as long as I can remember but I had always found the plain white of her favourite swans to be a bit boring in the painting stakes. Since i have been working in painted relief lately, and on wooden board I figured I would give it another go.

This piece is acrylic and pen on plywood board, approx60cm x 150cm.

 
The woodgrain comes through on the swan, giving her a sun-dappled appearance. She is highlighted by a vibrant mix of violet, lavender, cobalt, teal, grass and aqua and detailed in black fine line pen.

I was finalising the black sides on Christmas morning but it only took one and a half nights to complete :P

No comments:

Post a Comment