Thursday, May 6, 2010

A 3rd birthday, already??

My amazing little boy is growing up. We celebrated his 3rd birthday on Wednesday with a Lightning McQueen cake (edible icing images make a time-poor mum very happy) and party at kindy and presents at home that night.




The poor little guy has been sick for the last week, first a cold and then horrible wheezy asthma that always makes me nervous. So birthday time was a relaxed family night at home where he opened his little gifts and was totally thrilled with the train/car set we got him.

I stumbled across a fantastic wooden train and car set at an op-shop complete with track, roads, vehicles, houses and boom gates. And the most amazing bit? It was five bucks. Yep, that's right. And that included the great plastic tub with wheels that it was kept in. X loves it to bits and even wanted to stay home today to play with it. Given his obsession with kindy and his desire to go every single day, that was quite a complement for the gift!

I also finished a quilt cover which you can see at the bottom of the picture. I have been meaning to make a quilt for him since he was born but I am not very experienced. I made him a quilt cover instead for a standard single doona - which will dry quicker after washing during the chilly winter - and he loves it. I will post pics asap.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your little boy. Our boys are only a month apart in age. I think three is going to be a bit of a challenge but alot of fun! I love that would car and train set. What a great find! It looks like it's in great condition.

    I love your new look header and Blog and can't wait to see what else you create,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel. Wow, only a month a part, how cool is that?! He is becoming such an interesting little person, have you found that too? I think 3 will certainly be challenging but I found that the 'terrible twos' (really not so terrible luckily) came earlier this year.

    The set is in great condition, I had a ball playing with it too and I can't wait to make a city this weekend :D.

    Now I am over my scaredy-ness I will be back into blogging and creating. Thanks heaps for the support.

    And a big Happy Birthday to your little man too.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Did you make the cake? It looks good!

    ReplyDelete